WHO WILL USE THIS SERVICE?
The Lookout Residential Rehabilitation Centre will provide services for people who have experienced alcohol and other drug dependence.
To access the service, clients must be drug-free.
They will be stringently assessed for:
• motivation and treatment-readiness.
• risky behaviours
• drug and crime details
Most clients will be referred via a Residential Withdrawal Program and will be required to sign a contract agreeing to a strict set of rules and behaviours during their time at the Lookout. Drug screening will be conducted at least four times each week. Breaches will result in discharge.
With 24/7 supervision, residents will be engaged in a structured program of around 40 hours per week which includes a variety of therapies, counselling and recreational activities.
• The 20 bed Lookout program will provide 24-hour care and support for people who have experienced alcohol and other drug dependence
• It will operate in a drug and crime-free environment
• It will incorporate structured programs and activities with 24-hour supervision
• It will be staffed by qualified healthcare professionals
• To access this service, clients must demonstrate a high level of motivation to change their lives and return to being productive members of the community
• Strict rules and admission criteria will be followed
• The safety and security of our local community are paramount.
HOW WILL CLIENTS ARRIVE AND DEPART THE SERVICE?
Clients arrive following a comprehensive referral process and they are drug-free on admission.
Staff will follow a stated discharge procedure if a client leaves during the day or at night. Transport will be provided and authorities will be notified where required.
WHO WILL DELIVER THESE SERVICES?
Ten professional, qualified staff will deliver and manage client services with the support of 28 WRAD staff and a range of local health professionals including psychiatrists, GPs, mental health clinicians and family therapists.
Staff will be trained in Critical Incident Response procedures.